It doesn’t matter what crew you need to win on Sunday, one factor is for certain, you’ll be grubbin’ on a few of your favourite Tremendous Bowl Sunday recipes and snacks.
Apart from this 12 months, when after both the Kansas Metropolis Chiefs or San Francisco 49ers are topped Tremendous Bowl champions, you gained’t be left feeling bloated and sluggish due to Scottsdale, AZ-based chef Dom Ruggiero, founder and CEO of Forged Iron Ideas, a Scottsdale-based Hospitality Group which is the father or mother firm of three eating places: Hush Public Home, Bar Cena, and Hearth at Will.
Ruggiero, a Marine Aviation Operations Specialist, studied at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute. He’s labored as a chef in New York Metropolis for a number of years earlier than returning to his hometown of Scottsdale, the place he opened his first restaurant in 2019.
Certainly one of Ruggiero’s hospitality scorching spots, Hush Public Home, might be featured in an upcoming episode of celeb chef Man Fieri’s Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives,
To assist burn off a few of the energy he consumes whereas crafting new culinary concepts in his kitchen, Ruggiero, who’s an avid weightlifter and trains Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Right here, Ruggiero, shares a few of his high tips about methods to efficiently prep gameday goodies with out lacking a second of the sport—or an oz. of taste!
Tremendous Bowl Sunday Recipe Swaps
Maintain the flavour however minimize down on the energy by making easy, but flavorful swaps. “The easiest way I’ve discovered to make Tremendous Bowl dishes more healthy is to maintain with the normal fare however to sub various substances wherever potential,” Ruggiero says. For instance, change mayonnaise-based recipes with Greek yogurt or fattier meats with leaner proteins equivalent to rooster or turkey for beef or pork.
Ruggiero suggests these wholesome substances swap concepts:
- Swap mayonnaise or bitter cream for Greek Yogurt
- Swap ketchup for salsa for a clear sauce
- Swap ranch dip for hummus
- Swap vegetable oil for olive oil
- Swap soda for seltzer water with lemon
- Swap fat-laden meats with lean proteins
Prep Onerous, Play Onerous
Like everybody else, Ruggiero desires to be watching the sport and having fun with the occasion. “I don’t need to be caught within the kitchen whereas everybody else is having enjoyable,” the Tremendous Bowl chef says. So, he at all times creates his menu in order that it’s both simply prepped forward of time, and/or in a position to be hot-held with out compromising the flavour or texture. “Crockpots and pellet people who smoke are nice for this,” he says.
Disposable Aluminum Containers for the Win!
With regards to game-day preparation, Ruggiero likes to serve all of his Tremendous Bowl Sunday recipes dishes in disposable aluminum pans. “Towards the top of the occasion, I’ll put out to-go containers for my company to take meals dwelling in—it makes clear up a breeze,” he says.
Not solely does this make for a straightforward clean-up, however your folks get to take pleasure in their Recreation Day dishes the following day and also you aren’t caught with extra meals than you possibly can deal with.
Chef Dom Ruggiero’s Crowd-Pleasing Tremendous Bowl Sunday Recipes
French Onion Dip Recipe
This home made French Onion Dip recipe is one in all Ruggiero’s spouse’s favourite dishes! “This recipe is an instance of how one can sub out Greek yogurt for mayo and additional virgin olive oil for butter,” he says. It’s nice served with chips or fresh-cut greens for an excellent more healthy choice.
- 2 giant Yellow Onions
- 2 giant Shallots
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- ¼ cup Additional Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Chives
- Salt and Pepper to style
- Small cube Onions and Shallots. Warmth the oil in a sauté pan and cook dinner onions till properly caramelized, normally about 30-45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a big bowl add the cream cheese and Greek yogurt and whisk till easy. Add the onion combination and fresh-cut chives and whisk till totally integrated.
BBQ Rooster Lettuce Cups Recipe
One other fan favourite is these BBQ Rooster lettuce cups. Chef Ruggiero serves these with grilled corn, shaved radish, cheddar cheese, and scallions, “However you possibly can personalize them nevertheless you want along with your favourite substances.” He says. Be mindful, “This recipe makes use of the crock pot along with your favourite BBQ sauce however you can additionally use your smoker for added smokey taste.” Recommends Chef Ruggiero.
- 4 Boneless Skinless Rooster Breasts (3-4#)
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Additional Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- place the rooster breasts within the crock pot.
- In a bowl add the remaining substances and blend completely.
- Pour the sauce combination over the rooster and cook dinner on excessive for 3-4 hours or till the rooster is definitely shredded with a fork.
- Maintain on low till you might be able to construct your lettuce cups.
- 1 head of Butter lettuce
- 1 watermelon radish (shaved skinny)
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 ears Grilled Corn (minimize off the cob)
- ½ C Grated Cheddar Cheese
- To construct the lettuce cups, place a bit of lettuce down and scoop a couple of ounces of pulled rooster and place within the heart.
- Garnish with remaining substances to your liking.