Crammed with wealthy umami taste, crunchy texture, vibrant shade, and highly effective diet, this fast and simple recipe for Bean Curd with Child Bok Choy is a one-skillet masterpiece! This vegan stir fry recipe (which might simply be made gluten-free through the use of tamari as an alternative of soy sauce) is predicated on the standard meals known as bean curd. You merely rehydrate the dried bean curd, after which sauté it with child bok choy, bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar. Serve it with cooked brown rice to make a easy, balanced, nutritious meal that’s each lovely and scrumptious on the identical time. Plus, you will get this wholesome meal on the desk in about half-hour!
What’s bean curd?
Dried bean curd is a conventional Chinese language meals constituted of soybeans. Truly, tofu is one other phrase for bean curd (primarily curdled soymilk), and bean curd is available in many varieties, together with dried bean curd sticks (additionally known as bean threads), that are featured on this recipe. Dried bean curd sticks are made by heating soymilk, which creates a movie on the highest that’s lifted, rolled, and dried. Bean curd is wealthy in protein, wholesome fat, fiber, minerals, and plant compounds linked with well being advantages. It’s no surprise that bean curd has a protracted historical past in Asian delicacies–it dates again to China some 2,000 years in the past, and it is usually utilized in Japanese and Filipino dishes. Dried bean curd gives a chewy texture and nutty taste to dishes. I’ve loved it in a number of dishes in Chinese language eating places in Los Angeles, just like this recipe for Bean Curd with Child Bok Choy. Whereas I’m an enormous fan of conventional plant-based Chinese language fare, I’m not a real skilled. In actual fact, my dietitian pal and colleague Elaine Gong Kubela shared her data of bean curd with the intention to assist me create this recipe. You will discover dried bean curd sticks on-line or in Asian supermarkets. Study extra about tofu on this information.
What’s bok choy?
Bok choy is a kind of Chinese language cabbage that doesn’t kind a head. It has white stalks, and a darkish inexperienced cluster of leaves with a fragile taste. Wealthy in nutritional vitamins A, C, E, Ok, iron, and fiber, bok choy is a cruciferous vegetable, which means it has sulfur compounds linked with particular well being advantages. Study extra about bok choy right here.
This scrumptious, nutritious Bean Curd with Child Bok Choy is a one-dish masterpiece! This vegan stir-fry can simply be made gluten-free, and you will get it on the desk in about half-hour.
- Place dried bean curd sticks in a 9 x 13-inch dish and canopy with boiling water. Place a dish over the sticks in order that they keep submerged within the scorching water. Soak in scorching water for 20 minutes, till comfortable. Drain off water, and slice into items about 2-inches in size.
- Warmth oil in a big skillet or wok. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and chopped bean curd and prepare dinner for 8 minutes, including water as wanted to keep away from sticking.
- Add soy sauce, plum or rice vinegar, sliced bell pepper, and chili pepper, and prepare dinner for 3 minutes, including further water as wanted to keep away from sticking.
- Add bok choy and mushrooms, and prepare dinner 4- 5 minutes solely till bok choy is tender, however stays vivid inexperienced.
- Take away from range and serve instantly with cooked brown or crimson rice.
- Makes 6 servings (about 1 cup stir fry + ½ cup brown or crimson rice).
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 16 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: Asian, American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 259
- Sodium: 650 mg
- Fats: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 16 g
Key phrases: bean curd, child bok choy, what’s bean curd, what’s bok choy
For different plant-based skillet meal recipes, attempt the next:
Thai Tempeh Noodle Skillet
Snow Peas and Seitan Vegetable Stir Fry
Vegetable Stir Fry with Forbidden Rice
Vegan Stir Fry with Chinese language Lengthy Beans and Tofu
Ginger Lotus Root Stir-Fry with Crimson Rice
Bitter Melon Tofu Stir-Fry
Straightforward Vegetable Tofu Bibimbap Skillet
As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases. For extra details about affiliate hyperlinks, click on right here.
Extra Instruments for Consuming and Residing the Goodness